Sunday, May 07, 2006

SP8

I have signed up to be part of Secret Pal 8. We all have to fill out a questionnaire so that our secret pals can learn a little about us. Here is mine:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like yarns that are very soft. I have somee alpaca that I love. I would love to try some other kind of natural fiber. The only yarns I don't like are scratchy ones.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a handmade case that I store my straight needles in. I don't have anything but ziplocks for my circulars and dps.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting on and off for about 6 years. But I have been really into it for about the past 2 years or so. I would consider myself somewhere between beginner and intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yep

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like fresh, natural scents, like lavender. I don't like really floral scents, like rose.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a sweet head! I love chocolate!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I scrapbook, bead, sew.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to 80's alternative (Yaz, Eurasure, The Cure, etc.) I also listen to modern alternative (Incubus, theory of a Deadman) stuff they play on the radio.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love color! Just about any color, blues, purples, pinks, yellows, reds, greens. I don't like neon colors. Other than that, just about anything goes.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with three children, Emily -7, Sarah 4.5, Matthew Jr. - 10 months. I have one dog and one cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves and hats.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit baby items, little hats, booties, blankets. And socks, adult socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?
OTN: Baby blanket, socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yep.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer bamboo or other wooden needles. I don't really have a preference to circular or straight. I usually use shorter straight needles and if I need something longer, I use Circular.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope.

17. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself from a book.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Um, well, I have a poncho that I started for my oldest daughter about 2 years ago. I don't think That I will ever finish it. I started that project when I was first really learning how to knit something other than a scarf. Lots of mistakes.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and Halloween

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Elephants

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
There is a pattern from Fiber trends for a hedgehog, #228. I can't find it anywhere around me.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to try the Magic Loop or 2 socks on 2 circulars.

23. Are you a sock knottier? What are your foot measurements?
I love to knit socks. I wear a ladies size 9.5 shoe. Heel to toe is 10 inches, circumference is 10 inches.

24. When is your birthday?
October 4th

No comments: