Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Problems Still!

I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here! I am still having some computer issues and that is why I have not posted in a while.

The computer works great for everything but my work! (I work as a medical transcriptionist from my home.) I just can't get the one program I need to work up and running! I have been working on an loaner from Total Computer Support (thanks, guys!) At least I can work, but man is the thing slow with a Capital "S!" So, I can't load pictures, I can't print, and it is really hard to log onto the net! Sure, I could go downstairs and work on the good computer, but that requires going downstairs! And I'm just too lazy to do that!

On the knitting front, I am just cruising along on my Branching Out now. I have finally gotten the hang of following the pattern. I am almost done. I just have to find some quite time to sit down and finish the last few repeats. Doing a lace pattern with three monkeys running around is just not an option!

I also started on a sweater for Matthew. This is the first time that I have attempted to make a sweater. Well, there was the little tiny one that I made for the Preemie Project, but that was so small I don't think it counts! I picked up some Dream Baby yarn in a shade of blue that really makes his eyes pop. I am about halfway through the back. Maybe one day I will be able to upload pictures again and I can show you!

Other than that, I am still working on my first toe up socks. I am just to turning the heel and have kind of stalled. I'm a little confused as to the process and have put it aside. I have been afraid to pick them back up for fear of having to frog them again. I will get them finished, but right now I really want to finish my Branching Out and get that blocked to see the finished product. I would also like to finish the sweater for Matthew so that he can wear it this winter. I don't have to have to keep it for my first grandchild!

I also want to start on a scarf for my sister with the Detroit Red Wings logo on it. She is a complete Red Wings nut! I think it would be a great Christmas present for her. I have to see if I can find a pattern for this. If any of you have a source, I would love to hear about it!

Okay, that's it for now. Hopefully I will be able to get some pics up soon!

No comments: