Here is a gauge (!) swatch I did to start my son's sweater. I was going to use the Pea Pod Baby Set from Interweave Knits. It had some great detailing in the bottom ribbing and along the bottom band, but the cabling was beyond me. I have never done cables before and I just didn't understand the directions. So.... I switched over to a simple seed stitch Guernsey pattern. Much better.
I have also been knitting away on some preemie hats. I sent off five sets to The Preemie Project. These are two of my favorites.
This is a ruffled watermelon hat and bootie set I did with Caron Simply Soft. I got the idea for the hat while in my LYS. Basically, I cast on twice the number of stitches that I needed for the hat, knit in the seed stitch for about 6 rows, and then K2tog all the way around to make the ruffle. Then I just knit the hat as normal. It came out very sweet and will fit a 3-5 lb preemie.
This is one that I made with Lion Brand Microspun. There are spiraling rows of purl stitiches in the body of the hat. This one came out very soft! It will also fit a 3-5 lb baby.
Oh, one more thing I have accomplished since the last time I posted, I actually got my Secret Pal package mailed off! I didn't take any pics of the stuff, but after everything is all done and the SP's are revealed, I will link over to my pal who posted some pics on her blog.
I have to get back to work now. Taking a time out to blog and if DH comes in here and sees I'm not working, he's not going to watch those monkeys anymore!