Friday, April 28, 2006

First Pair - DONE!


Well, I have successfully completed my first pair of socks! Woo-hoo! Wanna see them? They are really nothing special as far as socks go, but I am really proud that I finished them, they fit, and they look alright! There were a lot of new techniques involved in these for me.


I also started a new pair of socks. I joined the Six Sox Knitalong. They are doing a really fun pattern right now called "sixth sense." I was a little bit worried because I am still relatively new to knitting and have not done a real pattern stitch yet. But the pattern was easy and fun! I can't wait to see what they look like finished!


Family time! My kids love to swing! We had a very beautiful week for spring break last week and we went to the park several times. Now, my girls both liked to swing when they were babies, Sarah more than Emily, but Matthew just absolutely LOVES it! I can put him in the baby swing and leave him there for an hour and he still would not be bored with it!

Here we are at Metro Beach Tot Lot enjoying the beautiful day!
*
You know, I have a hard time finding the time to keep up with this whole blogging thing, but when I get started I find I have just a million things to say! The reason I think I can't find the time is because I like to look at other blogs with PICTURES! I have to admit when I look at a blog, I just scroll down and look at the pictures. If a picture catches my eye, then I will read the post! Ooo, I just know I am getting about a dozen dirty looks for that little admission! Because of this, I feel that I have to have pictures in my posts, and for some reason posting pictures takes FOREVER! Maybe I am doing something wrong - scratch that - I KNOW I am doing something wrong! I have to be.

Well, I guess one day I will figure all this stuff out! That's half the fun of doing this, right?

This is getting long winded so I am out of here! More later...

* see my problem with this whole picture thing? How do you turn this? I swear, I have been trying to upload these pictures for about 3 HOURS! I had one more I wanted to upload, but I give up now!

(does anyone else find it odd that the Blogger spell check doesn't recognize the word BLOGGER?!?)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Your socks look great.Isn't it fun? I have just finished my 6th pair and am still totally enjoying it.