Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lace

Well, I decided to join the Mystery Stole 3. I decided quite spur of the moment. I have never knit a large lace project. The only lace I have knit was a Branching Out scarf. I'm just a little frightened by the bigness of it!

So, I went to the LYS today and bought some yarn. I then happily brought it home with me. I then sat down to wind it in a ball. What the hell was I thinking? There is 1460 yarns of lace weight black yarn! Why didn't I ask to have this wound at the LYS? I don't have a ball winder!

So I took a deep breath and sat down. I placed the yarn around my desk chair to act as a swift, and started winding and winding and winding and winding. I then got the brilliant idea to use my hubby's drill. It worked! But then -- a big ass knot! Holy crap! How does one unknot black lace yarn? Apparently, one doesn't. One cuts it. My yarn has about 4 cuts it in because of knots I just could not untangle. Oh well. Even with the drill, it still took me about 2 hours to wind the yarn.

I'm hoping to get my swatch done tomorrow and then start knitting this weekend. I'll post pics when I have something interesting to show.

No comments: