Saturday, June 23, 2007

Okay, I've been working hard on all this dish rag stuff, maybe too hard. Anyway, I have posted a Frappr map so that Team #6 can add themselves.

I also completed a dish rag yesterday! Started yesterday, completed yesterday! I got the pattern here. I think I must have not been paying attention on one corner though because after I sewed it up, it was a little bit hinkey. Anyway, here is a pic. I used about half a ball of Sugar'n Cream in Westport colorway.


See the hinkey corner? Also I wasn't sure what "garter stitch graft" was. I looked it up, but couldn't find it. So, I used Kitchener . It looks okay, but I don't think that was what I was supposed to use. Anyway, I think I will try it again. I bought this yarn because it matches my mom's kitchen and it was meant to be a cloth for her. But because of the hinkeyness of it, I kept it for myself. I actually used in this morning and it was a very soft, thick cloth! It would be great for dishes, but this morning I used it on this:

This is my son, Matthew. Matthew was covered and I mean COVERED in syrup this morning. I had placed my new cloth by the sink last night after I finished it, and it seemed appropriate that I use it for this particular purpose first.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Jen, your dish rag looks great. You were lucky to have it when you needed it.

I'm on your team and was just looking at your blog and saw the info on the forum. Maybe you could email everyone (some are less click-y than me - or is that less nosey?) and let them know that it's there for info and stuff.